Saturday 5 November 2011

A last minute wedding

Back in August I received a phone call on a Wednesday for wedding flowers on the Friday, could I help? As the shop had a good variety of flowers and the groom who was ordering them left colours to me, I said yes. The only colours he gave me were the dresses, the bride was wearing red and bridesmaids pink.
This was the brides hand-tied bouquet.
A selection of white and ivory flowers including lilies, germinis, hydrangea and roses with mixed foliage.
The three bridesmaids bouquets were of white hydrangea and roses and pink germini and spray roses.
Also requested were 4 table arrangements for display at the reception which was being held at their home. For these I used glass cubes in two designs.
One a longer, lower design using white hydrangea and freesia with pink alstroemeria and lilies.
The other a taller arrangement with white freesia and lilies with pink roses and gerberas.
There were also a handful of rose buttonholes.
A last minute wedding can sometimes work, as on this occasion, but it does depend on what is in stock and how flexible you are on what you have. My advice is always the more notice you can give the better choice you will have.

No comments:

Post a Comment